What is Maternity Law?
The Maternity Benefit Act 1961 is an act that allows women to go on a paid leave during and/or after pregnancy to take care of her baby.
As per the act, in order to be eligible for Maternity Leave, you must have been working in the organisation for past 80 days.
What are your benefits?
- You can avail paid leave up to 26 weeks.
- You can start your leave 8 weeks before your delivery date and remaining can be taken after delivery.
- You can avail only 12 weeks of leave if it’s your 3rd
- You can enjoy work from home if the nature of your work allows so. It requires your employer’s consent.
- Any organisation with 50 plus employee must provide you a Creche facility.
- You will be allowed to visit the creche 4 times a day, including your rest intervals.