Your 20s is the time when you can experiment with your hair colour to your dressing sense. Eating junk to skipping meals to eating as many chocolates as you want. Once you hit your 30s, it’s time for you to stop experimenting and start settling to a healthier lifestyle.
This is my list of health care for women in their late 20s or 30s:
- List out simple traditional home food that you totally love: Homemade food is a treat you can enjoy every day. Creating a list of your home food will help you to avoid eating out every other day. It is especially helpful if you are someone who stays away from family or have young kids at home.
- Find out a work out you love: You must have been through experiences where you enrolled yourself to a gym class or aerobics classes but backed out as you could not enjoy it or were too lazy to go to the classes. If that is the case with you, please find out easy workout routine like simple walk in the park or even dancing every day to your favourite music.
- Go for regular body checkups: Make it a habit to go for regular checkups. Know a doctor you trust. Do regular breast examination yourself. Ensure you take the supplements prescribed on time. Maintain healthy routine as advised by your doctor.
- Say no to chemicals: Say NO to chemical base skin care products. Start using natural products as much as possible. Ditch costly chemicals based facial products and use homemade facials products like besan ubtan, alovera pack, multani mitti .It will not only save you money but also keep your skin healthier forever.
- Move More: Develop a habit to avoid sitting as much as possible. Stand up and move whenever you can. Sitting is terrible for your health. Be mindful to make a move if you have been sitting for long. Get up from your office desk, walk across the floor, to the water station or even to your friend’s desk.
- Learn from your family’s health History: Understand your family’s health history and maintain your lifestyle accordingly. If your family has a history of diabetes, lower down sugar intake. If there had been weight issues, work out. Being little aware can make a huge difference.
- Deal with stress: Ignoring stress can affect you adversely on your quality of sleep can cause depression and can lead to several diseases in turn. Seek help from friend and family. If your job or particular thing is causing you stress, leave it, don’t be scared of not getting any other job, you will find something better.
- Take calcium supplements: In your 30s, you lose more bone and muscles than you produce. Take proper supplement for calcium. It will save you from any unwanted bone conditions. Your doctor can suggest you the right quantity of supplements required.
- Get yourself some sunlight: Getting enough of sunlight will ensure that you get right amount of Vitamin D and it will also keep your hormone in check. Sunlight is known to activate happiness quotient your body and make you more active and energetic.
- Drink a lot of Water: Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water. Water will keep your skin, your digestive system healthy. It will flush out toxins from your body. It will reduce unwanted hunger and maintain your weight. Make your water bottle your best friend.
- Take care of your teeth: No matter how you have been treating your teeth in your 20s, it’s time that you start taking care of your teeth.Say no to excess sweets and candies. Visit your dentist regularly, brush twice and floss regularly.
- Reduce your screen time: Life today is occupied with screen time ranging from laptop at work to TV to mobile phone. Please unplug and start enjoying the real life. Reducing screen time will help you to save your ideas and your brain.
- Stop binge watching: Eat mindfully. Quit the habit of eating while you watch Netflix or check Facebook. You need to know what and how much you are eating. So now that you are in your 30s, how about actually sitting down on your dining table and eating your food.
- Value your relationships: I am sure you have now realised that the most valuable possession you have are your relationships. Please take care of people who really matter to you. Make them your priority. Take out time and spend quality time with your parents, partner and kinds.
Start taking care of yourself as much as possible, even small steps goes a long way. What are your favourite Health Care tips or rituals? Please show some love to my post by Liking, Sharing and Commenting.
Believe and good things will happen to you!
Lokah Samastah sukhino bhavantu!