I already feel some relief as I make up my mind to slow down in life. If you take out a moment and reflect on what all you have done through out the day, you would realise how unnecessarily seeded up our lives are!
This speed causes a lot of stress and anxiety. Speeding up not necessarily means increasing your productivity but a lot of misses, confusion and chaos.We get up in the morning,skip our breakfast , forget to smile at our dear ones and end up in our offices to finish our work. If you think logically, that is not what we are living for.
All I want to say is, we are here to ” Live” and it means , pausing to feel , enjoy and cherish what really matters!
These are things I do to slow down :
- So this weekend, don’t make a plan to party, to eat out,to meet some not so important people but stay at home and spend some time with yourself, &your family .
- Let the morning sink in slowly, wake up on a happy note with your loved ones.Cherish your favourite breakfast to kick start a beautiful day.
- Soak in some Sunlight.It has something that boosts your mood and your health.
- Go out for a walk in morning or evening. Hear the sounds of nature, chirping of birds and not the alerts of your phone.
- No social media for a day. I know it’s not practical to leave social network sites but you can definitely take a break for a day or two.
- Make it a rule to disconnect from work and tune in with your family once you are in.
- Stop binge watching and cherish the beauty and taste of food on your plate.Don’t be in a hurry to share the pic on social media.
- Observe your surroundings, notice what is around.
- Take out time to know people around you and talk to them
I have made it a point to follow these rules and help my self to unwind from the day to day stress and anxiety.
What are your rituals to slow down and unwind?
I hope you found this article helpful. Let me know about few of your rituals.
Please show some love to my article by leaving a comment ,liking and sharing it.
Believe and good things will happen to you!
Lokah Samastah sukhino bhavantu!