I have been in role of a home maker and now a working mom. Both have challenges of their own. No one needs to be in other’s shoes.
It’s worth less to compare mangoes to apples.
You are successful, amazing, smart and beautiful in your own unique way.
These are few things that worked for me:
- Know that you have the right over finances of your home: I have stayed at home for several months without a job and realised that it is important to have right to finances at your home. You do not need to believe that you are dependent. Remember, whatever the source of money is, you have complete right on it. So next time you ask for money, let go off your guilt or anger about it. You are doing enough of your share at home. There is nothing more meaningful than nurturing and taking care of your home.
- Stay above the drama: Chose to ignore/ avoid or stop reacting to behaviors that hurt you. Stop being hurt. Ask yourself if that is worth your attention? Is that making your life any better? If your answer is No, please distance yourself from this situation. Remember that a person trying to hurt you, bad mouth about you is insecure and wants to make you feel bad. Feel sorry for them and move on. I know it’s easy to say but practice will help. Divert your attention from petty things and focus to things that can make your life better like focus on making your room look better, learn something that you wanted, dance , sing or anything.
- Respect other women: I have seen best of people making comment on others looks, character and dressing. Please know, it’s easy to teach your brain to make fun of people, judge them, but doesn’t that hurt your real self, who is kinder, calmer and has a real beautiful character. Stand by integrity, if you have a real problem, go talk but avoid bad mouthing. Compliment and support other women, congratulate and learn from their success. Remember “Empowered women, empower women.
- Enjoy your own company: I love my husband a lot and I did realize that I always needed him around, to go out with, to compliment, to complaining and everything else. Learn to create your own little support system, have few friends and if you don’t have many like me, learn to enjoy things alone as well. Go shop, eat out, go for a movie. Try these things and let me know how your experience was?
- Live in Now: This something I learned very late in my life. Having a vison for future is important but worrying about future or dwelling in past won’t help. Forgive, forget things that happened or may happen, enjoy the present. For example, forget the fight you had yesterday and move on. Don’t spoil the beauty of today for tomorrow.
- Practice your passion: My experience as a homemaker, taught me that the only way to be happy is to practice your passion. Find out what you love, it can be anything like writing, singing, painting, designing and practice it at least an hour a day. If you can’t go it, find courses online, on YouTube. Do it for nothing but love. Don’t pressurize yourself with an intention of earning money, do it for fun. It will help you boost your confidence and make you a happier person.
- Bonus: Dress up every day, it make a huge difference in the way you fell about yourself and your confidence level. Don’t stop shopping as you don’t go out much. Take care of yourself, pamper yourself at home or parlor. Exercise and meditate, these habits have proven affects not only on our body but on our mood and happiness level.
Please show some love for my blog. It will not only make my day but my entire year. Leave your comments, like ,follow and share with everyone who needs to read this.
Believe and good things will happen to you!
Lokah Samastah sukhino bhavantu!