Ladies, cross your heart and tell me, do you enjoy your work more than home? If the answer to your question is a Yes then this is the article for you.
A study conducted at Penn State University shows that women are happier at work than at home.
Cortisol level of 122 men and women of average age 41 were tested over a period one week.
The final result showed that the stress level for women were low at work than at home.
I was equally surprised and not so amazed by this result.
I thought about myself in the situation and can relate to it. Being a mother, a wife, daughter in law and a woman can be very challenging. There are so many responsibilities and work that needs to be delivered with perfection and without fail that we are sacred to fail. There simultaneously several work going on and you cannot say no to any.
You are expected to get promoted at work, keep your house cleaned, food cooked in time, you are supposed to teach your kind as well as discipline them.
You must never be to lenient with kids yet be not too difficult.
You must have all the chores or house finished on time, yet you should smile the day out.
You are supposed to attend the guest with smile and yet cook a lavish dinner for them.
You must not raise your voice, even when someone does the same to you.
In short you got to be perfect in the world of Imperfection.
We cannot change the world but what we can do is change our attitude toward it and make our lives little better.
- Do not try to be perfect: No one is perfect period. Do not try to be a perfect mom, a perfect host, a perfect home maker. Let it be. Live one day at a time. Do not try to cook the best food. Stop caring about your performance at home as it’s not how your people look at you. You daughter, you husband knows you are working hard and tying your best and that’s all that matters.
- Outsource whatever you can, whenever you can: You are earning, so you ca hire a cook, cleaner as well. If it takes too much of effort in teaching your kids, hire a tutor. I know you care too much, so show that by standing buy the cook in the kitchen and getting the best dinner prepared. Standing by your kid during their exams. All that really matters is being there for your people.
- Ask for help: If things are getting too much for you, ask for help. There must be some reason you are not feeling good at home. It can be the environment, people or too much work. Find out exactly what is your pain area and get help on that. You are the woman of the house, you can fix it.
- Spend time with those you love and ignore the rest: If there are people making you uncomfortable at your own home, ignore them Ignoring is one of the greatest art. Focus on bigger picture of your life. Focus on your child, your husband making your home a better place
- Make your home your happy zone– Make the feel and look of your home better. Sometime making small changes in decor, furniture or even curtains can make you feel way better. Decorate on corner or room of your house as you like it. Make it your happy zone and fill it with things and memories that make your feel better like motivational quotes, family pictures etc. You can bring positive energy to your home by doing even one of these things.
If you are feeling bad going back to home then the reason is way more than other people or work. It means you are on taking too much stress or even depression in some cases.
I hope you found this article helpful. Where do you feel happier, at home or work? Please do let me know by commenting below.
Believe and good things will happen to you!
Lokah Samastah sukhino bhavantu!
Smile from your heart; nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is happy to be herself _Kubra Sait
Women are super sheroes disguised in saris ,suits or business formals , multi tasking and managing families along with their dreams. I know stress is obvious but happiness is a choice.
I have been through my own lows in life but what helped me through was my choice to be happy.
These are few things worked on and they helped me a lot :
Be Grateful : So I started focusing and being grateful for what I have than what I don’t. I have a habit of thanking my god every night before I sleep for my family, my job and my health. Writing down good things about your life everyday has a very positive effect on your state of mind.
Ignore the family drama: I agree that staying with family, specially a big one can be certainly challenging. Dealing with everyone’s expectations and still failing causes a lot of stress. So, I have realised that I can not and do not need to please everyone.I ignore un necessary drama. Try repeating ” Om Ignoraya Namah” and see the magic. LOL
Your life doesn’t revolve around your partner: I learned this with time that I do not need him around me all the time, I do not need to compete for his attention. So, focus on yourself , you need most of your attention.
Do Not shame other women: I am very particular about this one.Stop saying ” That a woman is another woman’s enemy” Stop envying, stop considering them a threat rather support each other . If have this feeling at centre of our relationships, life will be better.
Have a few people you can trust: We are human and it’s natural to have emotions.Try to have people who genuinely care about you.
Dress as you like:It’s extremely important to dress the way you want.You have got one life and dressing to please others is too much for that.
Work out: I am not a supporter of loose weight theory.You git workout to keep your mind and body fit.Simple walk or yoga will make you more confident and happy
Meditate: I never knew the benefits meditation can have unless I tried it.There is too much stress around.Giving yourself 10 minutes to meditate can be a game changer for you.
Take time for self Care: I know this one is repeated in every article you read but that doesn’t reduce it’s importance.Self care is one thing you can not ignoreI hope you enjoyed reading this article. What is your takeaway from this article?